This position will report to the payroll manager working as part of the payroll team. The primary focus will be on prevailing wage process (mainly certified payroll reporting), assisting with weekly payroll process, and company archiving. This individual must demonstrate strong attention to detail, with the ability to effectively prioritize and desire to work individually and part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensures accurate and timely weekly certified payroll process, for example, LCP Tracker, Elations, DIR website.
· Assists payroll manager with weekly payroll process by entering weekly time and attendance.
· Sets up new hires in payroll and timekeeping systems.
· Administration functions including filing, uploading union data for union reports, archiving, and
· effective record keeping.
· Serve as back up to payroll manager.
· Respectfully takes direction from payroll manager and works closely with payroll manager.
· Regular attendance and timeliness is an essential function of the role.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Minimum 3 years payroll experience working in a construction company preferred.
· Experience with Elations, LCP tracker, and the DIR certified payroll system preferred.
· Experience with Sage100 Contractor is a plus.
· Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, and the ability to detect inconsistencies in data.
· High degree of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word) and can learn new software systems.
· Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through.
· Honesty and integrity in dealing with confidential information keeping information in strictest confidence.
· Candidate must successfully pass the background check process and drug test.