Join our team
If you are a talented individual with a passion for construction, we might have a place for you on the Bjork team. We’re looking for experienced professionals who share our values of integrity, solution creation and collaboration. Our focus is on building long-term relationships to foster repeat business.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and profit sharing.
Bjork Construction is a general contractor located in Fremont. We are a women-owned family run company with two generations of experience. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our customers and quality workmanship. We are seeking an HR Manager for our Corporate office in Fremont.
The HR Manager is responsible for the design, implementation and management of the human resources function at Bjork Construction, from both a strategic and hands-on perspective. The HR Manager will also act as the Office Manager and be the go-to person for all employee-related issues. The duties will involve managing organizational design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, training & development and talent management. People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of this position.
• Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
• Manage and oversee work comp., auto and property claims
• Implement innovative and effective strategies to recruit and retain high performers.
• Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
• Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
• Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
• Manages benefits programs
• Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
• Promotes Safety and assists with the company’s safety program.
• Oversee company fleet policy using GPS and DMV Pull Program
• Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
• Effectively communicate as a voice of the organization, representing and promoting Bjork Construction to all
• On-boards new hires
• Keeps current with new laws
• Continually updates standard operating procedures for HR department and other functions in the company
• inputs vendor certificates of insurance into Sage software
• Minimum 7 years experience as HR manager required
• Construction experience preferred
• People oriented and results driven
• Highly organized and be able to prioritize
• Excellent follow through skills
• Ability to work with all levels of employees
• Spanish speaking a plus
• Ability to be hands on and detailed when needed
• Knowledge of Sage software a plus
• Excellent active listening and negotiation skills
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
• In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices and how they apply to the business
• BA Degree in related field preferred
• SHRM-CP certificate preferred
Apply through Indeed:
Implement preconstruction by developing a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project. Analyze project schedules using PERT, Critical Path, and other methods. Use schedule compression tools, including fast tracking and activity crashing. Collaborate and communicate with team, clients, and outside contractors by leading progress, pre-construction and pre-award meetings, by reporting on work progress and budget matters to clients, and by collaborating and conveying project specifications to designers and consultants. Ensure completion of project within budget by reviewing contractor cost estimates, value engineering proposals for validity, overseeing procurement, providing an accurate monthly job cost commitment report, over/under billings and cash flow projections for active projects. Utilizing Sage software to document status of projects. Assesses and compares change requests with original drawings/specs to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk. Supervise and verify quality of work product for Project Manager and Project Engineer.
Applicants must possess at least a Master’s degree in Engineering Management, Construction Science, Construction Management, Engineering or a related field, and 10 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, or Construction Manager. Must also have experience coaching and mentoring staff, construction law as applied to contracts and projects, and Sage software. Must have Project Management Professional Certification and OSHA 30 Certification. Frequent travel required to job sites within the San Francisco MSA.
Mail résumés to Pamela L. Hendricks, Chief People Officer, 4420 Enterprise Place, Fremont, California 94538
The Construction Superintendent coordinates all sites construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good construction safety practices with all on-sight activities. It is the Superintendents responsibility to protect and promote Bjork Construction’s interests in all matters. OSHA 10 or 30 and First Aid/CPR certifications required. Minimum 5 years of experience working a Superintendent for a general contractor.
The Foreman runs a crew of carpenters in the field and adheres to the company’s work standards, enforces safety protocol and provides leadership and direction to employees. Works closely with the superintendent keeping him/her appraised on a regular basis. Documents progress on the job and takes pictures daily. Should have experience using PlanGrid and iPad. Minimum 5 years of experience running crews. First Aid/CPR certified.